PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 11:33
undervaluedATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max1, why the reluctance to share the pitiful offer from AsA? I respect your postings on the union website, so I'll go along with you (more or less), but really can't see the harm in sharing - in fact, people might get an idea of why we are upset.

somniferous one thing that has already been 'revealed' is that AsA want us to give up our current as-required sickleave (bear in mind our requirement to be fit-for-duty) - now the last time I investigated the issue, income protection insurance - if you could find someone to cover ATC's was in the ball park of $15K a year. Since that comes out of my post-tax dollars, I'd need a pay rise of significantly more than that to agree to this reduction in conditions. AsA has definately NOT offered anything like this amount to offset the loss of protection afforded by the entitlement.

In fact, AsA have not put any indicative figures on any of the "productivity" trade-offs that they want us to consider. - Even though I'm sure the team of accountants in the AWB has costed every wishlist item extremely thoroughly and know exactly how much each is worth in savings to the organisation.