PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIDs and the Cessna 310Q
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 11:06
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

Just back this morning from a little trip to France in a 421C that I supervised the full SID compliance in 2006. But this aircraft operates commercially.

Nutloose's comments on the background of the SID's is absolutely correct. Some of you may remember about a couple of C402's that had problems a few years back. One of them, with 20,000+ hours on the clock was operating night freight work. The pilot figured that something was amiss somewhere as he had to keep dialing more and more aileron trim until he ran out of trim and had to continue the flight with ever-increasing application of aileron to maintain straight-and-level. After landing, he asked a couple of mechanics to 'have a quick look'. They advised the pilot of the heavily cracked main spar. One very lucky pilot.

The CAA (through EASA) mandated full compliance for the 400 series (the original 400 series, not the re-badged Columbia's).

What I need to know is if anyone has been advised that compliance is mandatory for privately operated C310Q's. In the FAA world, if the aircraft is 'N' reg and operated on Part 91 only (i.e. private) compliance is not mandatory. But this is EASA world.

Yoth, look forward to hearing from you. Depending on the outcome, the owner may need to find somewhere to carry out the necessary work.

Rigga, in this instance, SID's refer to Supplementary Inspection Documents, and originated from, or were reinforced by, Service Bulletins issued by Cessna. The SID's replaced CAP's, or Continued Airworthiness Programmes. The content of both were almost identical.

Unfortunately for operators of Cessna twins, the SID limitations were in hours and/or calendar. Consiquently, operators of low-houred, high-calendar aircraft got hammered as well.

camlobe