PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 11:02
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I have personally witnessed this blokes (GR) "negotiation" style.

Years ago he accused the pilot representitive group at the company for which he was GM, of not acting in the best interest of the pilot body. You see, these people (the pilots commitee) had the temerity to argue that any wage increase should first and foremost be one of CPI and any additional increase be linked to productivity. The Company insisted that all that was available was some 1-2% below CPI, and if the employees wanted anything above that, then significant productivity offsets would be needed. Not surprisingly there was an impasse.

As a result of this the GM bypassed the pilot representative body, and went directly to the pilot group (via a letter and neatly packaged proposal) for a vote. The vote was a resounding defeat of virtually a 100% no!

I'm convinced that the inablity to empathise, if not even listen to your staff, must be some sort of genetic trait afflicting people of his ilk. What other explanation can there be for this apparent lack of reason? I'll say one thing, this particular leopard hasn't changed his spots!

From what I hear, the frustration is building. Believe me guys I know exactly how you feel. If the gloves do come off in December, I reckon the politicians, not to mention the public and airlines, will be looking for blood.

Hope you've got plenty to give Greg?