PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sun Article - US Pilot Arrested for being over alcohol limit
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 09:54
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, so its never happened (and how can you prove that). Thats OK then, what are we all worrying about!!
The post-mortem toxicology reports well tell if it's happened. And it hasn't. So what are you worrying about?

Can you guarantee that a drunk pilot never will? Plenty of drunk drivers kill people on the roads daily, perhaps flying an aeroplane is easier
How many drunk drivers have killed people in cars fitted with dual controls? I'm going to have a guess at zero. Your comparisons are invalid for a whole range of reasons which have been explained on these forums ad nauseam. You are getting your knickers in a twist because someone mentioned the demon word 'alcohol', yet you'd turn up for a flight on which both the pilots are so tired they can barely keep their eyes open without batting an eyelid. Think about it.

BTW I can't guarantee a drunk pilot wil never crash a plane but I can tell you a few unhinged ones have deliberately murdered all their passengers. Perhaps I should have a psychiatric assessment each time I go to work?