PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair, SAExpress, 1Time, Mango.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 04:39
TwinJock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scanafrica

What am I saying? I don't know you at all. Still an idiot with baseless remarks like those
As I said, my helmet is on!!! I think my summary of employment opportunities for an experienced driver who wants to make a change from contracts to airline flying is very close to being spot on! On the other hand if you are a low time driver looking at employment at on of these companies, I might change the order a little and definitely include Link.

fly4X4

Now how do you explain all the pilots that have left SAX after being accepted into major airlines worldwide with experience on "iffy" aircraft.
Twin you were probably one of them !!
To answer your question 4X4, I was employed by SAX many years ago, but moved to one of the "others" to gain some good jet time. Some of the best times of my flying career was spent at SAX, but do I regret leaving - NO! Did I use them as a stepping stone - was not the idea when I joined them but a better opportunity arrived.

When aircrew are scarce and majors are hiring, they have to widen their net to get sufficient crew. The moment things turn to an over supply scenario, like now, the first cut when interviewing is made at turboprops and CRJ's, ERJ's etc. Not that their is anything wrong with these drivers, but if you can choose between B737 and bigger, and the regionals, it is a no brainer. If you are looking at moving on to an international airline, I would steer clear from the lighter tools of the trade. I know a lot of drivers who are stuck with their present employers because of the lack of heavier time in their logbooks. Size, and weight has it advantages!

Good luck piapito.