PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue to Bali from December 1
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 01:14
Parc-Ratstej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ad-astra-your points are noted and yes I am angry,Im also 40 years of age so I dont think the gen y tag is suitable.I was extremelly active in the AFAP for 6 years in a past life,I was a paid member for 13 years and yes I have joined another union.I totally agree that individual members are required to assist and provide input for a union to become an effective tool,however it also requires confident leadership from the top and not stunned silence in a time where companies are out to screw each and every one of us.The honor of leading an organization such as the AFAP or any union should be earnt and over extended periods of time new faces and personalities need to be introduced,you could call it a succession plan-I dont see that happening.VIPA may or may not be the answer but one thing is for sure-the formation of VIPA can only help each and every one of us,Why you ask-because at the very least it will make the AFAP sharpen up there act.VIPA hasnt caused division amongst the troops either-that was a side affect of the past two eba's and the way in which they were sold to the troops.

One things for sure,I certainly have no intention of harrasing and confronting individuals over there choice of union representation-some of these guys need to take a step back.They look desperate,they act desperate and only harm there own cause,Sure theve been through some tough times, but hey-havn't we all?