PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cpl @ Oba
Thread: Cpl @ Oba
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 20:13
skyflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know...

I did my CPL in Florida at OBA earlier this year - two weeks, very hard work, great instructors and saved loads of cash. UK CAA examiner so there's no question about the standard - ive done training in the UK as well so I can compare standards - I have nothing but praise for OBA. I will say that no one will spoon feed you at OBA - be prepared to put in the effort yourself and work v hard to get the courses done in time - some expect the quals to be handed on a silver plate after the advertised time frame...

I also did my ME and FAA IR at OBA - once again I had success within the stated cost and time frame - and I saved a huge amount with regards to European prices. I did all my IR training in an aircraft i.e. 42 hours, no sim, at less than half the cost of a UK IR. The examiner was a United Airlines Captain, ex F16 pilot - I promise you he expected a high standard to pass and the training at OBA provided this.

I now have a job flying Twin Turbo Prop in Europe and love every second! I have never felt that the training I received at OBA did not equip me with the necessary skills. I conducted the type rating course on the Twin Turbo Prop in the UK. My examiner was very pleased with my ability and I passed in the minimum required hours. The majority of my flying training was in the USA at OBA up till this point. I had a real emergency shortly after I started work on the Twin Turbo Prop - after dealing with it successfully the response from the aviation world was 'Great flying Great skills!' - the skills all came from OBA!

Good luck