PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew sighing...
Thread: Crew sighing...
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 18:32
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will try to be sensible here, not defending the CC nor slagging off the thread starter.
However....

Putting a "smile" on your face 10-12hrs on end IS tough. I always used to say to my crew "please leave your troubles outside the a/c". That's what I've been told in my training, that's what the airline demanded.

But i stopped saying that when i learned that a colleagues' father died whilst she was operating; it was during returning to the base and found out as soon as she switched her mobile on, on turn around. She got off, stand by crew came in.

Weeks later she was back to work, fit to fly after being assessed in accordance to the regulations; but the "occasional sigh" was there, a sadness that cannot be described; a very pleasant cc, hard working and damn good at her job.
Nonetheless... still a human being. That's the whole point of my post; CC are human too you know... we, like everyone else, have problems to deal with on a day to day basis; that smile you see when you come on board is not always genuine; behind it there might be a sadness, a heart breaking news, a lost father, a broken car we have to pay our month's wages to fix.... anything really.

So, in my very humble opinion, this thread is a non starter and irrelevant.

Rgds,
ATS