PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 12:26
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Our ability to maintain high service levels to the industry is being damaged by the actions of a small number of our air traffic controllers conducting unauthorised industrial action to support their wages claim," he said.
The only way this statement can be true is if he is saying that he and senior managers are the ATCs in question. It is my understanding that he is not an ATC. Isnt there some sort of penalty for lying to senate estimates? I mean penalties beyond getting fired from your $million salaried position for lying to your boss- criminal charges perhaps? Civil litigation by the actual ATCs for slander? There has to be some sort of penalty for telling "professional" lies. BTW, I have absolutely NO COMPUNCTION describing the CEO of AsA as a LIAR when the ATCs are currently in the IRC arguing over what the definition of "reasonable overtime" is because they are just so sick of running the place short-staffed, when groups of 17 controllers have their monthly rosters published with 30 shifts that will need to be covered with overtime BEFORE ANY UNPLANNED ABSENCE, when he, himself, has told the estimates that he didnt know of the staff shortage until he took over 3 YEARS AGO and found out there was no staff/manpower planning, but has a plan now (exactly what? would've been a good question) etc.etc. I am quite comfortable that the term fits. A senior manager was recently before senate estimates admitting that there was an over-reliance on overtime. Now TFN is before them telling them it's actually an industrial campaign? How stupid are the senators if they allow guys like him to LIE to them?