PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morpheus Rising Single to support Help for Heros
Old 21st Oct 2008, 10:51
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morpheus Rising Single to support Help for Heros

Gents:

In the spirit of co-operating with you blue-jobs that hang out here, I thought I'd tip you off to a thread on ARRSE about Morpheus Rising, a band fronted by SSGt Grae Tennick who's new single "An Ordinary Man" is now on release with profits from the single going to Help for Heros.

From the http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/localnews/Band39s-single-aims-to-provide.4604030.jp]Yorkshire Post

A BAND featuring an Army staff sergeant as the lead singer are releasing their first single to raise funds for troops injured in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The York-based four piece, called Morpheus Rising, is fronted by Staff Sergeant Graeme Tennick, who is a member of 4th Mechanized Brigade based at Catterick Garrison in North Yorkshire.

The new single, An Ordinary Man, will be released on Monday, October 27, in aid of the Help for Heroes charity, which provides support for members of the Armed Forces wounded in current conflicts.

The charity has raised £12.5m in its first year through a series of high profile events, including a rugby match at Twickenham last month which featured a host of stars.

Staff Sgt Tennick said: "Although there are certainly references to my experiences on operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Balkans on some of the other tracks we have recorded, An Ordinary Man is the first time I have consciously written a song about the subject.

"I have lost people I knew in Afghanistan, as have many of my friends, and I decided this was one way I could help those who return home and need medical help of some kind, and I suppose it helps me deal with the experiences myself."

They are an unsigned band and members of Morpheus Rising have financed the single themselves, although they are planning to give all proceeds to the Help for Heroes charity.

A three-track EP will cost £3.99, while the single is available for 99p. More information is available at Morpheus Rising - Morpheus Rising on the internet.
We'll probably be pushing the single a bit more on the site in the coming weeks in the hopes we can get it to no 1 (if Peter Kay can do it with a crap spoof there's no reason why not, especiallly as it's for a good cause).

Please dig deep and I'll drop Grae a note to stop by and visit PPRuNe to keep you guys updated on sales/progress.

TTFN

kbf1/Woopert