PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Raven II vs Older 206
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 09:16
bvgs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The views that the R44 should be "experimental" is plain stupid - the best selling helicopter in the world DUHH . I own a Raven II, had a Raven 1 before that and as a private individual think it to be a great machine. NOW, if I was simply flying a machine for someone and they were picking up the costs and repairs then sure I think the JR wins hands down. I think it looks better and sounds better. I constantly look at the ads for 2nd hand or should that be 30th+ hand JR's but am put off by the maintenance costs. Lets face it your not going to get any crazy big surprises on the 44 but with the JR?? I do hate the Robinson 12 year thing, however, as biggles says, if you buy with the right hours/ years left it really doesnt matter. For what its worth, I had hoped the new 66 would have looked a bit more JR ish but alas not to be. Just remember, its always easy to sit in the side lines firing comments, you should really make sure only owners of either machine make comment. If you want any advice on the Raven II PM me.