PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in NZ
Thread: Jobs in NZ
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2008, 09:02
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Draw a horizontal line through Christchurch, and unless you have flown 50hrs down there, forget about a job below that line.
Forget about flying any twin, even if you are qualified you won't be touched for a position until about 800-1000hrs. Don't even bother to keep it current, you are wasting your money.
Invest in an Instructor rating and try the tried and true path, OR look up some of the scenic operators flying single engine cessnas. Build up some VFR time, and then you might be looked at for some IFR single engine work (if they do it), but not much single engine IFR stuff around I know of for low time guys. So you see even the IFR rating is not much good unless you are instructing and the club needs to send you on some odd charter. (again save money on those renewals until you really need the IR)
Best advice I can give if you really want to speed things up and not get dicked around by the NZ fraternity is go to Australia and do some mustering in the outback and go from there, if you don't want the Instructing path.