PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks other than HSBC
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 10:56
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sesame you have just finished your A-levels.... you are not going to like what I have to say but I'll say it anyway....

1) You have no idea how much money £80k is to repay as you have never had a full time job.... add interest it is over 100k

2) Making your parents remortgage their house that is already falling in value in a market where the chance of you getting a job in 12-18 months is slim at best is just one thing... Selfish....

3) Take 2 years out, work full-time, get a bit of life experience and save some cash then you will be in a better position.

4) You are being driven by the "I want it now" attitude that will get you in deep deep sh*t if you go down the route you are taking in the current environment.

You might not like to hear this but it is the truth. Go away for 2 years and grow up... straight out of school and living with your mum and dad you know jack sh*t about the real world and you are an integrated FTOs wet dream becuase you are the sort of people they are going to need to keep them viable over the next 2-3 years when there a NO jobs for young wanabees.

Those people warning you to ignore the "doomsters" are the wolves... a fool and his (and his parents) money are easily parted.

Read the FT, economist any bloody newspaper.... what you are planning is nuts