PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coroner attacks minefield rescue
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 09:26
PPRuNeUser0211

Received 180 Likes on 106 Posts
Spending is an issue, and with this push to bring major projects forwards to bolster the economy, surely we should be seeing something happening to hasten SLAM or MQ improvements?.... (not holding my breath...)

As for that article in the independent... <rant>things like that just give me rage... (and go to show how anyone can spin statistics to make them give the correct leaning!)

" £86.8m was spent on private education for officers' children. "

CEA, which is available to all ranks. It's uptake may differ, but I know plenty of SNCOs who make use of it....

"In the RAF alone, £1m was spent on chauffeurs, £3.4m on waiters and waitresses in officers' messes and a further £800,000 on bar staff."

That would be "MT drivers" & "Stewards" then... Both service trades, the first an invaluable one, the second last time I checked didn't solely exist to bring the gold-plated cutlery to the table in the Os' Mess as I'm pretty sure they have roles in the air and in other messes on camp... and last time I ate in the JRM-equiv (PAYD unit...) I'm pretty sure that there was someone serving behind the bar.</rant>.....