PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 20th Oct 2008, 08:39
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
TD, thanks as ever for your continuing vigilance in keeping us up to date
If anyone wants to read the 1st report on the stripdown of the MR2 by QQ it waa posted here todaay. Ministry of Defence | About Defence | Corporate Publications | Air Safety and Aviation Publications | Flight Safety
When I followed that link, I noted with some amusement the item above the Qinetiq audit, which the dear old Ministry had titled
Nimrod VX235 Flight Safety Investigation Report
so I followed that, to find (increased font size is mine)
Nimrod VX235 Flight Safety Investigation Report
Due to continuing public interest in Nimrod airworthiness, it has been decided that the final Flight Safety Investigation Report into the fuel leak that occurred on Nimrod MR2 XV235 on 5 November 2007 will be released.
The report itself, unsurprisingly, has the id correct.

I asked myself - how can they be so totally inattentive to important detail?

But then I remembered the recent evidence at the Hercules inquest from Chris Protheroe, a senior Accident Inspector at the AAIB. He was obliged to tell the Coroner that the rather important word 'not' had been missed out of two significant conclusions in his written report - causing the Coroner to remark that Mr Protheroe might be an expert on accidents, but was clearly not expert on proof-reading.

Seems you can't take anything at face value.....

airsound