PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CLC - Centralised Load Control
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 02:36
getjetsetgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in certain circumstances CLC isn't all that bad. wat i find is a prob with it though is that u have one controller doin multiples with varying taxi times. that causes problems. i work in the caribbean (ANU) and my company handles both BA and BD. the taxi time to the runway is 5 minutes if no traffic landing. BD loadsheets are done from MAN. all there dispatchers have to do while they sitting in the office is the two return long haul flights on a given day. say ANU and ORD on a friday or LAS and ORD on a tuesday. so i have only had the prob once of the captain calling in once about him sitting at the end of the runway and no final figures. with BA it happens every other week. and wen u call JFK (they do BA clc for all flights in the Western Hemisphere) they will tell you that they doin a mariad of other flights at the same time so just sit tight. while the captain at the end of the runway screaming for his figures, cuz the tower screaming at him cuz they got traffic inbound that now have to circle. in that sense it does tend to ruffle alot of feathers.