PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go North or get a real job?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 01:36
gadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
few operators in darwin as wel.

Crank, if you are worried about the economics in flying, than i think you are heading for the wrong industrie.

not kicking you down or trying to blow your bubble, but the days you would make a sh#t load off money in aviation are gone, at least for most off us.

but than most off us have lived on 2 minute noodles for a while, i do think that up north with the payrates these days you will be able to change that diet to rice and chikken a few times a week.

I think by the time you make a decent living you will be flying something big and shiny with maybe 4 big engines on it? or maybe 2 very big onces?

I am not really up to speed with airlines however.
If you have a pasion for flying, go north. give it your best shot. look at all the interesting things you will be doing and will be seeing. (crocs buffeloo's big CB's etc)

don't worry bout the locals, they dont eat you. they might smell a bit and if your luckey they won't pee in your plane much lol.
(only once in my case)
Your worst case scenario, you go up north, you do it for like 2 years, you hate it. and than you go back to down south,
what have you lost??
2 years off a decent sallary. and the knowledge that aviation is just not for you.
still you will have a bag full off stories to tell. and you have given it your best shot.
And you never have to think, what if...
because you have done it.

all the best and good luck