PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2008, 22:53
ODMEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GF No More

I can tell you guys after 6 yrs of exclusive GF F and J class flying and Gold for Life FF status I am not flying GF anymore.

GF recently downgraded my status to "Gold" from "Gold for Life" because I did not take the minimum of two GF flights in a year(with most civilised airlines once you attain life status it means just that - for life - GF still have a catch of needing two flighst per yr to maintain)..YET they have the hide to ask me why I have not been flying GF and if I have any issues I should write to them. I wrote the local head FF manager (Local Bahraini - AQ) saying I was not satisfied and all he replied saying was you did not meet minimum requirments so your status has changed with an exclaimation mark and question mark as though I was being unreasonable - did not even listen or offer to maintain my status to save my loyalty.

It will be EY for me now-they are still in a bit of a shambles with on board service and food not that great but they have the hard product and tyring.

I'll look GF up again in 3-4 yrs when they have new ac. When other carriers trip over themselves offering matched status for a switich in loyalty to them GF seriously need to rethink their strategy. No wonder Lesly Britton left.

Sorry I know you pilots work bloody hard with crap equipment but I'm not wasting my hard earned $ anymore cus from a premium pax perspective it aint premium no more-ac are abysmal! &

Oddy

Last edited by ODMEA; 20th Oct 2008 at 04:32.