PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the IMCR be ditched in the quest for a greater prize?
Old 19th Oct 2008, 21:32
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bose-x, for heavens's sake, as someone who purports to represent AOPA in certain areas, will you please moderate the intemperate and offensive tone of your posts.......
You are quite right of course Beagle. Sometimes the crap makes my blood boil.

Oh and Peter, I have never claimed to be an 'officer' of AOPA. I am merely a member of the organisation who has volunteered his services in order to help preserve our rights as pilots. Something that I am passionate about and prepared to commit my time efforts and expertise to the cause. Whereas it strikes me that you just prefer to deride and under mine the efforts of those who choose to try and do something. Oh and attending one meeting at the CAA on behalf of Fuji's IMCR campaign does not count as putting anything worthwhile into the pot IMHO.

But hey because I am not an 'officer' of AOPA I perfectly entitled to express my own opinion. Be interesting to see you identify the people on here who are 'officers' of AOPA though. The results would be interesting.

So in a more conciliatory tone, why don't you try and expend some of your very significant energy on actually trying to change something rather than just enthralling us all with your expert opinion. Someone who knows as much as you do and obviously mixes with the movers and shakers in aviation would be a powerful asset to any organisation. The MWG would benefit from channelling your energy into the good cause rather than just about it. Therefore this is an open invite for you to have a seat at the table.

You know where to find me.