PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA confusion: CW roll-out and laptop power
Old 19th Oct 2008, 19:52
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA confusion: CW roll-out and laptop power

I'm a big BA fan but one thing is REALLY ticking me off as I do my monthly longhaul flight somewhere or other . I am sick and tired of not being able to work on a flight or having to beg an adaptor from the crew because I never know ahead of time whether the aircraft has new CW with 115v power or the old CW Empower system. I am fairly sure that all the 747s have now been converted to 115v power. But I never know whether a 777 will or will not be one or the other.

In December 2007, the BA website said, and I quote: "You can currently experience the new Club World cabin on board the majority of aircraft on the Heathrow to New York (JFK) route, excluding flight BA 173. We anticipate the roll out to be completed by the end of 2008. Until then you can still enjoy the award-winning original Club World cabin on our remaining aircraft".

In October 2008 the website said: "New Club World is rolling out across the fleet. We aim to have the new Club World cabin on all 747's and 777's by the end of October 2009. Some routes will continue to offer the award-winning original Club World cabin, featuring the world's first ever fully flat bed". I assume this latter applies to 767's?

And on Saturday, flying to Doha on G-ZZZB, the CSD said he understood that BA engineering now felt the GE powered 777's were not able to be upgraded. So whats going on? Are you as confused as I am? . Any BA sparkies or spanners in the know?

And before you suggest it, no, I refuse to take a half a crate of adaptors and inverters in my hand luggage.

Pinkman

Last edited by Pinkman; 19th Oct 2008 at 21:53.