PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Really Worth It, What's Your Opinion?
Old 19th Oct 2008, 18:37
spitfirebbmf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for it..............

Go for it, but like a few other posters take the training slowly and keep an eye on the job market and aviation news for the upturn which will come.

I am 40 years of age and will be doing the PPL in 2010 and some hour building and starting the ATPL grounds when I'm 45 so training finished when I'm 47!!!!

Should be plenty of time for a upturn in the market. I know the age thing is against me but not really looking to fly airliners more the freight side interests me, also I wont have any debts. Money or wages is not an issue (I'm single no kids no mortgage at the mo !!!)

So to get back on track go for your dream don't regret not trying, try to save then fly instead of borrowing (I'm working 90hour weeks in a taxi to pay for my training NEEDS MUST) take a lesson a week and enjoy the PPL hour building, when you have the funds and the market looks good go for the ATPL Grounds and CPL/IR.

Im looking forward to the day I wake up with a smile knowing I'm doing a job I love

GOOD LUCK