PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So Where Are All Fresh Fi Jobs ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2008, 18:28
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks... You have not being paying close enough attention have you? I am here sipping my cup of tea and having a good laugh at the heated discussion that has taken place! The one thing that you omitted to spot is that Jawad said he has a
Pak CPL/IR/FI.
Rather than advise him on jobs, perhaps it will be prudent for us to establish if he has converted his Pakistani licence yet? Otherwise he can try as hard as he can but there won't be any job out there for this poor chap out side Pakistan unless he has sorted out a conversion or a validation!

There are FI jobs out there... always has been and always will be. At the moment the only snag is that you have to look a bit harder for them at the moment! I still instruct in amongst my airline flying and I am having to turn students away since the demand is still very much there! Credit crunch or no credit crunch there will still be a pool of people with enough disposable income who want to learn to fly. The pool might be a lot smaller in some areas than others and I suspect that the situation that I am in at the moment is a bit unique. I instruct out of Barton and it not surprising that most of my PPL students stay in Cheshire which is a very affluent part of the country anyway! Therefore the situation I am in will not be found in many other places I suspect!

As for WWW turning into a Victor Meldrew? Nah... it is just the normal aging process for those of us that have spent too long in this industry! You should see me sometimes in the flight deck!!!