PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Close Essendon Airport!
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2008, 00:02
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good feedback there 'carlos169'

I wasn't able to attend (due pushing out zzzzzzz's) but does anybody know if there where any of the CEAG's fools where there? Probably where but laid low due to perhaps a lynching in public!

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how long it would take to move ALL flying ops to other airfields if EN ever did get the go ahead to be shut down?
I'd say 3 years min, probably more. Tulla would be the only solution for the Emerg services of EN but boy wouldn't that change the daily dynamics of Tulla's movements.
I spoke to a woman a little while ago now just off the cuff at the supermarket now at EN whilst I was on shift one W/E & wearing my 'monkey suit' (hence I was a target for her). She said we (as in the fools at CEAG) will be fighting to the death to have EN closed. She also mentioned once I said moving the Emerg services would have to be very well thought out that the Helicopter ops could just move to the hospitals where it would be closer for them anyway. Obvioulsy I wasn't going to explain to her what's involved with having 24 hr access at a hospital for WX reasons alone 'cause she simply had no idea like the rest of her following This just goes to show what fools we are dealing with.

If it ever does close it won't be due to them it will be a Govt decision 'cause they will benifit money wise not safety wise. The Govt will just use the CEAG as a reason to justify the closure with the general public having no idea.(if it ever does happen).
For now if I could make more noise overhead their homes I would but I guess we don't want to go down that track & join them at their low level!

CW