PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 18th Oct 2008, 17:54
christep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
PaperTigerAs you probably know, Jetways often have external access at the a/c end. There is a side door that goes to external steps and so to the apron enabling staff to move quickly from supervising the loading to speaking to a/c crew. Many perimeter fences are not secure (in many countries) so you must check the BP.
Please spend a few seconds thinking about this.

If I want to jump over the fence, run across the apron and up the steps to the aircraft door, all I have to do to get past this so-called security check is to have a boarding pass that appears to be valid for this flight.

That would take me about 5 minutes to produce using Photoshop.

Checking at the door of the plane that I have a piece of paper which appears to be a boarding pass for that flight (without checking it against the manifest) has absolutely no security benefit at all. It does nothing to stop the scenario you envisage (which, I grant you, is probably one of the easiest ways for someone to get explosives or other forbidden items on a plane at ports where this route is possible). The only way to address such a risk is to do a headcount, and even that is easily bypassed if you have an insecure jetway/apron by someone who is "clean" leaving by the same route as the person with the explosives (and a matching boarding pass) enters.

Please engage your brain before making such ridiculous claims.

Last edited by christep; 18th Oct 2008 at 18:06.