PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FFTC
Thread: FFTC
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2008, 15:10
hatallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The owner of the school "Arne" is a man that is only interested in his money, well i should say the money he can take from you and every1 around him. That his weed, and soccer!

the planes are missing instruments, that are parts of the MEL, but for his standards, it is OK, they can fly. they fix some part of the planes with " tape".

$130 for an hour of 152 and $330 for a crappy multi engine that drinks more oil than an Irish man can drink whiskey!

the school is all smoke, the dispatch "center" looks great, and that is it, the class rooms are falling apart, CFI are always late, half of the planes are always grounded for the same thing weeks after weeks.

The school is a 141, but only 4 out of the 15 planes are 141 approved, but that doesn't matter since the chief instructor is not 141 approved himself, he might be now, but for the first year he got there, he sure was not.

CPL students don t even know how to do a cross country planning.
CFI s are teaching 100% of the IFR and CPL training, Some of them even do stage checks for their own students.
The binders, the 141 binders are filled up the day before the check ride!

then the housing, £900 a month for a 50 square meter place, with 10 year old furnitures, and with 2 bedrooms for 4 students, sometimes 5.
But that was in the past, it has been 4 month that the school does not have any new students. He lost the contract for the Italians, the Dutch, the Chinese did not want to bring their students after visiting the school, and the Indians are refusing to come back.

And there is also an other issue, as far as i know, out of 8 CFI, 5 of them are working out of a M1 visa, this visa does not let u work legally. and he has been doing this for the past well since the school opened.

But, if you have a lot money, want to spend a lot of time studding on Ur own because the group classes are just about watching a tape you can buy for 100 bucks, also like the smell of "sweat" and "salt" then be my guest

Last edited by hatallas; 18th Oct 2008 at 17:29.