PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 18th Oct 2008, 14:53
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been noted by numerous people ahead/above...

No one in my entire 25 years of this industry and as a pax has ever told me once past the final gate inspection that I have to be prepared to show my boarding pass and why (of course yes I know why...)

Let's face it flying (airports) is a god awful experience these days...wait in line for this...inspect that...I travel 4-5 times a month and believe me I have learned to live with it but even I grate my teeth sometimes at the rudeness and ignorance that I can (sometimes) be shown by someone at security etc. etc.

As well as that every airport seems slightly different and I like to think I am used to the system...last week at a European airport (albeit Eastern) I had to show my passport and ticket twice just to get to check in and then passport and boarding pass a further three times to three seperate people within the space of 4 metres just to pass security into the departure lounge...now even I didnt foresee that and once inside it was a breeze

I try to smile and stay calm but believe me it's as difficult for the pax as it is the staff...and the pax is less experienced and sometimes less emotionally able to handle the stress...de-stress that system and I am sure you'll see a few more smiles back at the jetway

PS. In Joburg I was a given a further plastic security tag by a security bloke at top of jetway (after airline gate check at boarding) which u then gave to yet another clown standing in front of the door...approx 7 metres down the jetway with no means of access...work that one out and then ask why I almost called the guy at the bottom a w!nk!r