PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2008, 08:21
budget1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send’em
I agree with what you say entirely including the quote as to the role of the aircraft ‘The helo is a tool to move the person in danger to a place of safety. And deliver them in the same or better condition than when they were collected’ a much more eloquent way than the one I once agreed with crab on. I guess at the time I was trying to highlight the point that the cabin is not big enough for a winchman to carry out his role.

Bottom line is the cabin is too small to carry out our role, we should have room to work around a casualty relatively easily when in our medical role. We should also be prepared for removing casualties from that dangerous situation such as a vessel sinking in the middle of the channel.

The Channel is one of the busiest shipping routes in the world and accidents happen. Loads shift putting vessels at risk of capsizing, collisions in fog, fires onboard etc. We should also have the capability to take a full fire fighting team to a large vessel with a fire onboard and we should feel confident with the tool we use to carry out the role.