PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coroner attacks minefield rescue
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2008, 03:36
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus Driver,

A ver y good point and your guys help us out regulalry. But remember your guys also need CSAR/JPR cover and you too have only a limited capability. Therefore, for you guys to cover/put on a standby committment for the Brits would require more assets. Where as a 'one off' cry for help in extreme situations then you guys will bail us out (usually - not always - but 90%).

As to Admiral JB - as said before on this thread I thought he played with a straight bat having to be 'accountable and responsible' for policy failings by his predecessors and ultimately the treasury.

However, what is so very surprising to me - and completely amazes me is that how quickly we have lost the so called 'Lessons Learned and Lessons Identified' of the Sea King IRT in Bosnia. Now I love taking the urine out of the Junglies and how they fly that piece of history I do not know, but in the Balkans only a decade ago they were regulalry hauling people out of minefields and became 'experts' in CASEVAC in challenging conditions etc.

Why have we ignored, forgotten and disregarded all of those (harsh) lessons. Is it re-invention of a wheel or political championing from inter-service rivalry and defence companies (as in look how good the CH47 is - it can do everything, including CSAR-X etc).

Last edited by Front Seater; 18th Oct 2008 at 06:49.