PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How often did you have to divert to an alternate A/D ?
Old 17th Oct 2008, 22:23
Airbus Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, returning to the subject......

There was another time I diverted - spent a long time planning a return route from the Florida Keys up to the north and out of Florida. Got the weather - was told CAVOK or thereabouts until northern Florida. Took off from KLey West. Got as far as Marathon (which is the next airfield). Noted rather large CBs ahead. Landed, called for an update on the weather. Told CAVOK on route. Hmmm I said, that is strange because there appear to be a whole load of CBs ahead. When they updated their weather radar they agreed with me!!!! So stopped a night there and tried again next day. Storms moving in, were to the north west of Florida. So decided to hotfoot it up into the north of Florida and keep updated on their movement. Got as far as Pensacola I think it was, before deciding those large CBs were getting a little too close. Landed, nightstopped and got out next morning. It was a bargain too - free car, and abouit $20 for a large motel room in town.