PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Felix Airlines, Yemen
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 19:52
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, working for Felix in Yemen as a contract pilot. Pay is $7000 month for 90 hours, pro rated above 90 for an FO. I don't know what they pay the captains. That is a contract with Brookfield. The other contract agency, Avionco is paying $5500 month for an FO, plus $1500 per diem. To my knowledge, all payments are in US dollars. 12 month contract with Brookfield; Avionco is a 12 month contract for captains, 6 month for FO's.

The current arrangement, from what I can piece together, is that Avionco (Calgary) sent over the very first CRJ (edit: it's a -700) within the past couple days from North America to Yemen, with service to begin "soon". Presumably by the first of Nov 2008.

Folks who are hired by Avionco will get paid by them. Unfortunately, you can go back through this site and find unfavorable stories about that.

I got hired by Brookfield (London), which seems to have an OK reputation about paying and generally nice to deal with. Lucy has been so far.

Brookfield has 3 captains in Spain (all from USA, I'm told) training Yemen nationals to be FO's. There are also 3 FO's (also, all from USA) who will be going to Yemen on a -200 in the middle-ish of November.

There's an order for 8 of the CRJ-700NG's, so you gotta figure that they'll continue hiring once those get closer to delivery.

I saw pictures of the living arrangements from Brookfield, and it looks nice.

Last edited by TonyWilliams; 19th Oct 2008 at 04:59.