PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW runway operations at Abu Dhabi OMAA
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 17:07
geo7E7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAT III Capability In OMAA

The temp variations in AUH is so unpredictable nowdays and we will see a lot of disruptions in flight schedules as we speak. Most of the inbound flights (esp in the morning) need a CAT III capabilities or we're as good as to land somewhere else in the Gulf except in AUH...unless the airline reschedules your arrival....!
I'm sure most of us have had our fair share of a/few diversion/s from AUH everytime during these transition of seasons. Runway closure due to fog is quite common now but having to divert to your planned alternate and finding out "it cant accomodate your arrival due congestion" is another issue now. We've heard of some aircrafts that had to park on the taxiways just to wait for a slot for refuelling and etc. Some even spent most of the time trying to contact NOC to find out how many flights being diverted and where so that they wont get stuck there behind others...that's another issue too...!!!
I'm sure the CAT III topic had been discussed from way back and hopefully it'll come into operations as soon as practicable and I'm sure AUH ATS understand the urgency of the capabilities on 13L/31R...and why we all really need it.

Thank you for viewing guys...and I'm open for debate...