PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating recommended minima?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 13:51
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter is there has never been an accident involving an IMC rated pilot flying in IMC conditions. That says a great deal about the rating and the standard of instruction - which should not be under estimated - and it all very well to say that IMC rated pilots do not use the rating in earnest - that is simply not true I can assure you - there are many who do.
Fuji wherever did you get that from? sadly there have been loads of IMCR pilots killed in IMC flying.
One was one of my best friends killed flying IMC 15 years ago. I should know as I went through the accident report in detail and was a pallbearer at his funeral Sadly it was a lack of adequate training and experience which contributed to it.

and it all very well to say that IMC rated pilots do not use the rating in earnest - that is simply not true I can assure you - there are many who do

I also stated above that there are very experienced pilots who have flown with an IMCR for years in capable aircraft so I do appreciate that! but it is their experience and the fact that they have survived to gain that experience which makes them capable not an out of the box IMCR

But I am not sure what you are trying to argue here? Is it that the IMCR is as good as an IR and as such holders of the IMCR should fly to the same limits?
In which case great abolish the IR and have the training to IMCR standards and we can all save a lot of money and time.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 17th Oct 2008 at 14:12.