PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 11:51
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would like to echo Sappers post. How we have come to this situation is down to people all the way from the top, CHC, MCA, whoever, just not listening or reacting to what they are being told.

I have been involved with SAR, Mil and Civ for more years than I care to remember but rest assured, I have never been more embarressed by a situation than the one we have been forced into now.

Blame who you like, Crab, Crabbette, CHC, MCA, me, but the fact is simple, the 139 is not fit for purpose! At the moment!! That person, in my opinion, needs hanging from the nearest yardarm.

Afterall, you get what you pay for and if you don't ask then you don't get! This situation would have been avoided if some form of trial had been carried out prior to entry into service but there was an indecent rush to get this contract up and running so now it is down to the crews, who btw are still trying to make this thing work, to sort it out!! We did what Crabbette suggested in a previous post, "just got on with it." Well as they say, you reap what you sow! Or something like that.

We are promised fixes but AW do not seem to able to respond to a request for mods. that involve purely a software change let alone semi-major mods like extra lights. Don't hold your breath.
3D