PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating recommended minima?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2008, 10:55
Fright Level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji

I dont mean to be cynical but your subsequent posts imply considerably more experience than your first

I never mentioned or implied my own experience. I asked if a pilot has an IMC rating?. I have an ATPL with current MPA IR (practised to Cat 3B with no DH) and SPA IR ratings and about 12,000 hours. I'm pretty current and fly both SEP and heavy jets several times a month ;-)

Just curious as to why you asked the question in the first place?

A couple of PPL/IMC holders have asked me to act as safety pilot for them. I know my limits, I just wanted to (definitively) know theirs.

So to confirm the answers to my own questions:

Does one of you kind instructors have the reference for minima to be used if a pilot has an IMC rating? I've found the 1800m (3,000m in CTZ) in the ANO but I can't find the suggested minima or increment for an ILS and other types of approach.

Visibility - 1800m for take off and landing. (ref ANO CAP393 Ratings)

Cloudbase:

IMCR in practise - recommended to add 200' to published minima with absolute minima of 500' (precision) and 600' (non precision) (ref AIP AD 1.1.2 - para 3.3.2)

IMCR out of practise - advised to add another 100' with further increments depending on familiarity with airport/type. (ref AIP AD 1.1.2 - para 3.3.3)

With an IR, one should add 50' to the minima to allow for altimeter errors unless that error is shown as a figure in the POH. Do you add this to the IMC limits as well?

Yes, suggested by AIP 1.1.2 - para 3.1.1.

Last edited by Fright Level; 17th Oct 2008 at 11:08.