PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 17th Oct 2008, 07:40
leading edge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this isn't too much thread creep.

I have recently flown VB Premium Economy for the 3rd time. Previously, I have exclusively used the rat for all corporate travel, usually at the pointy end. I am platinum with the rat. I am a corporate user chooser with no restrictions on which airline I use.

VB has always been on time on each sector (6)

VB Check in both in the terminal and in the lounge with no bags has been quick, polite and easy.

VB lounges are fine, no better or worse than any others and they have so far been able to can make a great coffee. Free entry when Premium Economy is good although to be expected when paying the full fare Premium price.

VB in flight staff have been helpful, polite and friendly at all times.

VB bag claim handling seems to be a little quicker than others.

Overall, I have found all of the VB staff I have interacted with to be a great asset to the company. They work hard but they work with efficiency and above all, seem to like what they do. If they don't like it, they don't show it. They make me feel like a customer and not like an inconvenience to their social lives, like some other airlines.

I will now continue to use VB Premium for the bulk of my domestic travel where it is available.

I have one small complaint. I object to having to pay for TV, a soft drink or a sandwich. Its not the money, its the inconvenience of the whole transaction (finding wallet etc)

I once flew VQ by necessity, never ever again.

I am now thinking of "punting" some dollars on VB shares. If the staff maintain their hard work and enthusiasm, and the product remains as it appears to be, the share price should only eventually go up, the airline deserves success. I will do my bit to support it by travelling VB Premium, because they make me feel like a customer and that's what I want, its simple really.