PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 21:55
Lost at Sea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab,

How about the several occasions when Lossie and Prestwick have been off line and the whole of Scotland was covered by the CG flights. You are constantly telling us how wonderful mil SAR is but you really don't like it when someone points out the problems with it. You say that my posts are tedious but how many times do we have to hear about the range of the sea king and your backwards radar from you. That's your problem, you're happy to continually repeat the same argument but if someone adopts the same tactic you get all high and mighty. It's just so transparent and I'll give you a piece of advice it makes you look silly.

The south coast issue is bad, but there was a company that said it wouldn't work, one that you hate and openly rejoiced in the fact they lost the contract. That company was right. It's also the company that has now said SAR H won't work. The problem with RAF advice is that it has no idea of what happens in the real world. If you are looking at a civy contract the worse person you can get advice from is from the RAF. In the real world companies are not honest, they will bullsh*t. Maybe that's why the mil constantly get screwed by defense contractors is because you believe what they say. The world isn't fair and the sooner you realise it then the better you'll be. That's why you need someone more street wise when dealing with civy contracts. As you've proved by your lack of understanding of EGPWS and AIS, mil SAR is well behind the drag curve on modern equipment you don't understand it so you reject it. These are not the sort of people you want deciding a modern contract. I would also add that your constant ranting and luddite ideas are actually damaging mil SAR.

So I'll going to help you and say why not take some of the posters up on their offer, go to a civy SAR base and have a look. Try to embrace a different way of doing things. Think out of the box even if it is just for a minute and just see, if just maybe there could be a different way of doing things which works as well as your way. Take my word you'll be a better more rounded person for it.

And I'll make a deal with you - I'll change the tune if you will!

Last edited by Lost at Sea; 22nd Oct 2008 at 12:00.