PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24hr Bottle To Throttle Rule Inbound?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 17:32
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintsman
Heard another story about a squadron exchange in Germany where the Yanks didn't turn up on day two because all of them were still pissed from the evening before...
Had that at Coningsby in '87 after the air show. USAFE had allocated us a C141 - we didn't want it as it was too big but it came anyway. Next morning the crew were to fly the jet to Mildenhall to collect a load and RTB. The crews were all reservists moonlighting from Pan Am and the like and not even out of bed at take-off time. Anyway they couldn't take-off until we had done a fod plod and cleared the ramp of all the stalls, barriers and aircraft.

Eventually they ramp was clear, about 1400. I found the captain still in bed. No problem, he said, we've gone tech, delay 24 hr to RTB direct.

Sure enough, full fuel load and off to the States, no pax, no freight and the worst that could happen would be a mild bollocking.

We live too much for now and in big scheme of things what does an extra day amount to?