PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating recommended minima?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 16:22
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far as I am concerned if you are CURRENT and have an IMC or IR rating you are entitled to fly to minima if you wish.
Fuji

Intersting bit what Minima ? 200 feet and an RVR of 550 metres I would imagine the powers that be would throw the book at an IMCR flying that? not because of the cloudbase but the RVR.

But I also have an autopilot with which I have flown an ILS down to nearly surface (well below 100ft) in clear VMC conditions, as a test, and it worked every time so if I was pushed (emergency) that is what I would use. Using the AP down to 200ft is a piece of cake - you just sit there and watch it. It would definitely take me down to zero/zero (say 10m visibility) especially in close to zero wind which is more than likely if there is fog.
10540 A radar alt is brilliant for giving you a flare point set it at 10-15 feet.
After a bad experience I wanted to see whether the a Seneca could land in thick dense fog and you were forced to or run out of fuel.
Set the aircraft up in VMC on an ILS with a safety pilot looking out and using the radalt yes you can

Pace