PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Really Worth It, What's Your Opinion?
Old 16th Oct 2008, 15:12
Husky One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can get a 737 job at present by buying a 737 rating, I'll eat my hat..lightly toasted on rye bread. When I mean job, I mean proper job..not hero for 6 months followed by the ever growing scrapheap. If you are parting with cash because Mickey the Marketeer at some 'Training Establishment' has suggested you're a cert to get hired then think again. On the other hand if you have a legimate job offer in writing before you start then you have 2 choices:
1) take the job before they change their mind (and I'll bet they will)
2) frame the job offer and put it in a safety deposit..it's currently worth more than gold.
Whether or not you choose to pay for a rating is your call. Just don't be swayed by intense marketing. Many schools are just trying to get bums on seats and will tell you anything to make it happen (because they'll end up bust otherwise). Also consider that RYR have stopped hiring and Easyjet are laying cadets off this winter.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but that's the reality at present. On a brighter note..it's not raining