PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2008, 13:34
LordLucan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Christy, I applaud what you are doing and will give you support where possible, but you must consider carefully what you are proposing. I don't know on what basis you are staying in Thailand - 30-day stamp, tourist visa, type 'O' visa, work permit, etc. I'm sure you're not on a "Retirement" visa like me.

The problem is that at any time these visas can be revoked. I have made my choice to live in Thailand and won't do anything to jeopardise my visa status. Thailand is not a place where free speech is tolerated much. People like Udom have influence and that's why influential people get away with such **** in this country. It doesn't cost much to bribe an official or "disappear" people.

So I cannot support you by protesting in public and risking being held, my name and address being known, possibly arrested, possibly blacklisted and deported. I will support you in other ways, but not this. Sorry. We are farang. We are only tolerated here because we spend money.

You must also consider your own position here. I don't want you to disappear from Thailand the same way that you have disappeared from Thaivisa. I note that not only have you and InvestigateUdom been banned from Thaivisa, but you no longer exist in their member list and I can find no trace of any of your posts. InvestigateUdom appears as a banned member with 0 posts. So Thaivisa have clearly decided to delete all your posts and that any discussion getting near the truth about Udom is unwelcome. They fear their web site being banned in Thailand, which is a real possibility if certain influential people start talking via their bank accounts rather than through the courts.

The email from Cho to Udom and Namfon that is on the IU web site is - if it can be proved to be genuine - completely damning. The whole lot should go to jail and be banned from the aviation industry for life.