PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Really Worth It, What's Your Opinion?
Old 16th Oct 2008, 03:08
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Don't you know?

Skyflyer cost is a relative thing. I had to secure loans on my house to pay almost £20k for my 737 type rating when I had already spent the £60k plus to get everything else. Without the type rating I would have been offered none of the jobs I have been to date.

However I did this with the backing of my wife and with both of us in the knowledge that if it didn't work out we could loose our family home. I would rather be homeless and still flying than have the house and not be BUT that is because my wife and I think it's worth it. Only you know what worth it means.

If you went to university rather than work aged 18 and decide to pursue becoming a lawyer or a doctor you will easily spend a similar amount of money before you have value to your profession so the decision should be about how you go about funding the route rather than asking if it is worth it. If you do not know right now that you would give everything you have gladly to do this job then give up now as there are far too many out there who are willing to sell granny to step on your shoulders to do it. I am sadly but unashamedly one of them. I will never anything other than kicking and screaming do anything other than this for a living but then again that's because I think that anything is worth it.