PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2008, 20:35
Smeagels Boyfriend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flat Spin, your words are music to my ears as a potential owner, however operating to (for example) Galway is not a problem in terms of aircraft performance. A typical scenario would be that the performance charts for a departure from Galway to the chosen destination using the JAR ops performance data provided by our supplier would be consulted. If we cannot depart JAR ops we will not go to pick passengers up, and this does happen.

Then we would look at the conditions for arrival and should we not have the perormance to get in using JAR ops performance data, GA landing data would be used (less restrictive). The reason i have questioned Scratchpad is because he makes it seem like we always position GA and we don't, and that crews who refuse to position GA are changed, and they are not.

They are operating within the limits of the Aircraft Flight Manual which is perfectly safe. My question to Scratchpad of why the regulatory authority (INAC) have not put a stop to this if it is unsafe remains unanswered.

I've been with NJE 5 years and i can still count on one hand the number of positioning flights i have done GA, infact i think one of them was actually Galway!

With respect, it isn't bending the rules, it just means we are using the aircraft to the maximum of it's capabilities to provide a service to the owners.