PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 15th Oct 2008, 15:30
mr.777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250kts...when do you retire??? I only ask as I have another 25+ years to go.
Now, bearing in mind that the economy operates on a cyclical basis, at some point the financial gloom is going to lift and we WILL be back to payrises ABOVE RPI...over the course of 25years, of that there is no doubt.
Your whole argument about not losing a penny on the new pension is based upon the notion that we will NEVER again get a payrise above RPI. If you're about to retire in the next 5-10years I'd say you might be right...but for the rest of us poor s*ds we stand to lose out somewhere in the region of £8-10k per year.
As has been said many times, a pension is deferred salary therefore this is a PAY CUT. Therefore the management and the Union will have to come up with something better for me to vote YES. Until then, I'd say units are going to come to a standstill. Believe me there are enoughed people who are presently at the end of their tether having been f***ed around by Mr Barron for the umpteenth time...goodwill is going to be withdrawn very shortly.
As for the Union saying by voting NO we are rolling the dice with our pension, what kind of bulls*it is that??? Sorry, but that is just not a good enough answer over an issue this big.

VOTE NO.