PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 15th Oct 2008, 15:14
Air.Farce.1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made my mind up to vote NO. I will not attend any briefings as I have read enough and understand what management are trying to do. The enlightened amongst you, and I can see a few here today will know where I am coming from. Management are giving these briefings for their benefit, not yours.
This was always on the cards when we were part privatised, and I like some others did predict this would happen to our pension. What next....NATS will be sold off to the highest bidder now we are a more attractive asset, leave will be reduced, winter and summer rostering will be the norm. Six days on, four days off ? forget it. UHP? get real, or get a day job elsewhere.
These particular briefings are only a tool used by management to deceive, confuse and to ill inform, and by their nature are delivered in a duplicitous fashion.
If you feel you need to be briefed I understand and hope they help you reach an informed choice.
Try and look at the bigger picture on this or I suspect as you approach retirement you will come to regret not taking a stand and fighting for your pension. Remember your spouse/partner, kids and grand kids will all lose out when you retire if you dont fight this one

I am done here... back to the real world

PS if I am wrong on the above, remind me and I will humbly apologise

Last edited by Air.Farce.1; 15th Oct 2008 at 15:40.