PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 15th Oct 2008, 14:48
Dublinborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250kts
Just like many others I’m yet to attend a briefing but from the moment they were announced I’ve known exactly what to expect.
There was never any chance that there would be anything in these briefings but tidings of doom.
It’s not in either NATS’ or our pathetically weak unions interest to give you any info that would lead you to vote againstthis “proposal”.
I’m not naive enough to think that the pension will remain unchanged but before I even consider any changes I want a whole raftof guarantee’s laid out in a legally binding document and not some legally ambiguous Memorandum of Understanding.
What they're asking of the staff is pretty much a bail out of hundreds of millions of pounds not due to anything else byut they're own "incompetence".
Or possibly there own very well thought out and executed plan to shag the pension fund up enough to get us to have to agree to change.
It was there CHOICE to pay off £200 million worth of loans early and they're CHOICE to fritter away the rest of the £330 million of PROFIT instead of investing correctly in the pension scheme. These "negotiations" have been going on for about a year now in that time NATS ,the profit making company, could easily have contributed more to the pension scheme to limit the amount they might have to make up in December 2009.
But it's not in NATS' interest to keep our pension viable. But it is in there interest to kill it and reduce it's debt to make NSL easier to sell off.
Don't be fooled by the Bulls this has all been planned out well in advance.
So vote YES now if you want to bend over and take it ..... or Vote NO to take these Bast to task for the decisions they've made.