PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Icao Frozen Atpl
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2008, 08:08
Capt Narcissus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The concept of writing ATP theory exams before meeting the hourly requirements was changed along time ago. Previously one could write in to the Part 61, but now with part 141, you are only eligible to appear for these exams after meeting the required hour requirements. There was quite a debate a long time ago, and I did a lotta research on this subject as no one could provide me with a convincing answer. Infact, most people did mention that one could write these just as you mentioned Tinstaafl
, but after actually gettin on touch with the guys in charge of Licensing in the FAA, I came to a conclusion that prior to these exams, one must need to satisfy the above mentioned requirements.
There was only one school in my knowledge that was making these false claims of providing an FAA Frozen ATP, called American School Of Aviation, but after a major scam, they went down big time crashing dreams of over a 100 students as their money was also lost in the bargain.
That was also one of the reasons I decided to skip the US for my training altough I still have high regards for their practical standards in training cos my requirements also demanded an opportunity to write my ATPL exams before clocking 1500TT. And here I am, PPL-Nite rating-ATPL Ground School-ATPL exams-IFR-TWIN-MCC in 247 hrs.
Tinstaafl, please do lemme know of any schools that allow their students to appear for the ATP exams before meeting these requirements. If this is true, then gettin a Frozen ATP is a lot more easier then having to clear 14 subjects.