PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One-Two-Go Grounded!
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2008, 01:42
ChristySweet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letter Ed. Printed

Well, At least The Nation printed my letter...As did the Phukette Gazette

Sometimes wishing for the Stars gets you the Moon.
If we call for arrest and prosecution of Thai DCA Officials.. maybe they'll roll on Udom..Maybe

Have to admit after watching Air Crash Investigation last night on the Alaskan Air deliberate mismanagement on maintenance causing the crash in 2000 , not greasing the screw in the tail controlling flight surfaces - no arrests were made then , either.
Is the US FAA corrupt or just incompetent, too?

Bangkok's Independent Newspaper

<<<<<<Aviation authorities negligent in restoring licences

I am in utter disbelief that the Thai aviation authorities are even considering the return of One-Two Go/Orient-Thai's operating certificates after grounding the airline, following the Phuket disaster, for disregarding safety regulations.

The airline's executives should be arrested and indicted for the murder of those passengers. And perhaps the head of the Thai aviation authorities, too.

Tourists beware: none of these censures would have come about had it not been for an American woman exposing mismanagement and oversight that the Thai authorities could no longer ignore.

I urge anyone who may be flying within Thailand to read (at www.InvestigateUdom.com) the astounding list of accusations about the authorities' apparent inability to properly regulate the airline industry.

The US FAA is being lobbied aggressively to downgrade Thailand's safety rating. Failing that, the US congress will be petitioned to stop funding the FAA rating programme as an utter waste of taxpayers' money.

CHRISTY K SWEET >>>>>>