PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 11 Month Contracts- Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2008, 20:00
cloud747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyer

yes no staff should be penalised , however as eog as it was then was a different part of ba, and crew who joined there knew this ( mind u i do belive that somewere miss lead into thinking it was mainline ba when it was not) also others got there from there airlines like you did applying for a job a cityflyer express and getting a job with them not ba ( eog or mainline)when ba brought them over, it was your choice to stay, ba did not make you.

with regards to the temps who are due to go, as they are already trained in ba service and styles etc it would pay to give them the jobs that ba are going to train upto 3 new courses in dec/jan, not only saving the company alot of money but to also give the temps who on a whole are fantastic
a chance of a full time permanant job at ba .

yes the opps and choice list will open again soon , so put your name down on it and try to go to lhr, but you as well as me and 1000's of others know fly boy that ba is well over crewed on all grades of ranks and fleets at lhr, and remember there are alot of senior people on lists etc that wish tio change and as i said before are alot more senior to you at ba , and as you know ba are a seniority based company, but you can try to go up to heathrow, but with ba offering alot of unpaid leave etc to all grades and fleets i doubt this will be very soon or in the near future.

with regards to the cm, yes they have not said if this will stay etc or will be made equal to the csd role but as you are aware if you come to lhr now you will only be able to come in as a purser, and they seem to be keen to get ride of the csd role and take another purser of the aircraft, so i doubt there is going to be any room for you

lets just wait and here what they plan to do with lhr re new fleet, remember they can try and get what they want but most crew at lhr are bassa the strong non company puppet union so i doubt they will get to far at all.

i think in this time of the credit crunch and aviation crisis we should be lucky we have flying jobs as think of the others that dont or are about to loose there jobs with other airlines due to go under.

i do hope flyer you get what you want and as everyone knows all you have ever wanted was to go to lhr ever since you have come from fd, yes you may be now on the road to getting there, but under what time scale or conditions who knows. look forward to flying with you again soon, but you just need to chill a bit even managers ignore you now on the forum
as willy said to virgin, " its like a broken record"