PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 14th Oct 2008, 19:02
kinglouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to one of the briefings yesterday and was a firm 'no' man.
lots of things considered, i am now unsure..... im thinking its still a no vote, but things that will start to make me think will be:
1) barron and his cronies NOT getting any bonus this year and for some time after that.
2) the company starts making a certified and visual effort to the workforce how they are tightening belts and trying to save money, rather than the staff picking up the slack via this pension deal, and i dont mean by sacking 'necessary' people needed to keep the ATC cog turning
3) the compnay regains its sight back to air traffic and the business of moving planes (non profit, naturally) and culls all these make believe jobs that serve no bloody purpose, e.g safety and training manager, operational information leader.. saw that one on the wall outside an office in the corridor today!!!!

im looking forward to what comes up over the next few weeks befre i make my fial decision. although i spoke with my financial advisor today who confirmed that we are pretty much between a rock and a hard place and any no vote may be in vain if there just isnt any money in the pot (hence point 1 above).

the company got us into this mess with underpaying pension costs since 2003 and is now trying to get us to bail them out. if tey cant show me how they are trying to help themselves, i will vote no.