PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX LEPs.... it's time to join
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2008, 00:34
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wowpeter

I think this a worthy debate and I am trying to get my head around your argument.

I note you are in the AOA; if that works for you... well played you....

You say "the whole expat and local are used to divide the pilot group (ie: so that LEP won't join the AOA), it has nothing to on being expat or not.."

The primary, if not sole, reason for the expat package is to recruit and retain talent in HK. You claim Swire is one of the few Companies to pay an expat package; I must be mixing with the wrong group in HK. Major Banks, Law Firms, Insurance Companies, ESF, Universities all entice people to HK with a package (better than mine normally). Typically, they seem to stay a year or 2 and some then go to another country, again on an ex-pat package.

Again the question to you are Mrfox, if the package was not paid, would CX recruit and retain enough pilots? It's a simple question... any chance of answer.

Whilst we all have issues with the way the ex-Oasis recruiting has been handled; my understanding is they were recruited essentially on COS08 and as such they do "three years" and then can come to HK (as whatever seniority will allow) and they will get the ex-pat package (whatever that will be in 3 years). I find this consistent with CX recruitment policy. It would be interesting if an ex-cx cadet left CX, joined Oasis and then rejoined Cx and was told he was back on local terms.... has that happened?

As for the Instructor program, are you saying that if you have a Chinese face you don't the expat package, and if you have another sort of face you do? Or is it the case that if you meet the requirements for DESO and then join the Instructor Program your "career" progress is preserved as if you had beome a DESO?

Bottom line; I hear accusations of racism, sexism, ageism all the time on the flightdeck.... we are all victims... Most of the time CX is just doing what is in the contract... did any of us raise this at time of signing; have any of us been up to NR's office... or do we just come on here blubbing....

Spare me Mrfox's cute (but shallow) answer... Again, you guys are all respected, highly qualified aviators: what would it take for you to go Emirates... Housing Yes or No... Education Yes or No, Bonus at the completion of Contract (3 years) Yes or No.... or are you saying... if a local UAE doesn't get the allowance; I don't want it either.....

Go on, surprise me and give a substantive answer...